odd intake spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

odd intake spacer

I have a 425E and have noticed somthing odd. The intake spacers (the oval shaped piece between the intake pipe and the head) are made of differant materials. The left side is plastic and the right side is aluminum. Is the normal or has a previous owner replaced it with aftermarket? Also is there an advantage to either material?

Re: odd intake spacer

Spacers are usually aluminum. Since that area get pretty hot, I doubt that any model used plastic spacers. My guess is the previous owner substituted the plastic. I have had to make them and have used brass or aluminum.

Earl

Originally posted by GSinTX
    I have a 425E and have noticed somthing odd. The intake spacers (the oval shaped piece between the intake pipe and the head) are made of differant materials. The left side is plastic and the right side is aluminum. Is the normal or has a previous owner replaced it with aftermarket? Also is there an advantage to either material?
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

intake

what you are looking at is a bakelite spacer taken off another type bike, its not plastic and will take alot of heat, old hondas, kawasakis, yamahas used them,with a double oring arangment, held up good but you can not over tighten them, and ruin them

Comment

Thanks for the info fellas. They both seem to work fine for now so I won't change them till I want to make it look pretty.

Comment

Working...
        X