k&n air filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k&n air filters

Hello everyone, anybody knows what kind of oil is used to spray K&N individuale air filters? I know K&N sells thier brand, I just want to know what other oils can be used. also what other cleaners can be used for cleaning the filters before oil spray.

ard

AS for oils, most any 'cotton guaze' air filter oil can be used, provided it is NOT petroleum oil-based. as for cleaners, 'formula 409' works well.

Comment

I just buy the K&N filter oil. Why possibly screw up the filtration ability trying to save a small amount of money? Not worth it... peace of mind...etc. The larger can is more economical and lasts a long time.
      I also buy their cleaner for the same reasons, but I think 409 would work also. Again, how much are you saving?
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

i agree with keith.

The K&N filters are best designed to work with their oils and cleaners.

it could be possible that other oils work reasonably as well for less money, but why make any possible compromise?

Comment

the cleaning kit is $10. :-) given that you actually need to use it maybe once every coupple years it's probally worth the $10 :-)
          You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
          If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
          1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
          1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
          1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
          1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
          1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

PJ1 works just as well but probably costs about the same. I've used it for years off and on when the one or the other wasn't available.

Comment

Working...
            X