Idle settings gs650?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle settings gs650?

Well I just did the carb cleaning that was mentioned on this site, and everything works fine it seems, except for idling.? I pull the choke out and bike starts right up, then I let it warm up and let the choke out and the bike dies right away I'm not sure of the adjustment on the Idler screw ? Should the butterfly valves be opened a bit in the carb for the bike to idle or closed completely? I have it set where the valves are just about open but not quite ! So if anyone has any info would be cool! thanks. !!

I think that the idle level screw should be about 2 turns out. also fiddle with the idle adjuster knob under the carbs (at least for my 850).
    hope this helps.

matt

Comment

Try the simplist thing first. Turn up the idle adjuster knob.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Ok, Ill give it a go and see !! =) just wasnt sure how much to turn it but guess its a trial and error thing, my clymer manual doesnt mention anything on this point ?

Comment

If all it needs is an idle adjustment, just turn it up enough to keep it running, then adjust the idle to about 1,100 rpm's.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

sounds good, thanks !! Im gonna give it a shot today!! =)

Comment

Working...
            X