Carb Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Kits

Does anyone know where (besides Suzi Dealer) I can get a carb kit(s) for a 1100? I mean the good quality has-ALL-the-right-pieces kits? any to avoid? thanx in advance!

just to clean them up or to re-jet? if you dont need to re-jet just clean everything well and save some duckies.

Comment

Comment

For a thorough cleanup, what you wind up needing are the O-rings. Man, what an opportunity for a product plug!

Unless you really need the rebuild kits, save your money. If you do wind up needing bowl gaskets, use cycle-recycle instead and keep $$ in your wallet. At $25 a copy + shipping for those little kits, it's really shameful that you'd still be looking for the connecting O-rings, and the quality of the machining isn't exactly stellar.
        and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
        __________________________________________________ ______________________
        2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Rejetting

If you are looking to rejet as a result of adding a pipe or air cleaner mods, try Factory Pro@ 415-492-8803. They have complete kits that get you darn close the first time. Mine came with pilot jets, main jets (3 sets), needles and new carb screws.

Comment

I bought onf "robertbarrs" o- ring kits and am just waiting for the planets to align to install them. I am curious as to seeing if there is an improvement.

Comment

I too bought"robertbarrs" o- rings

I too bought"robertbarrs" o- rings kit and was very impressed with the packaging and the instructions and tips page. Each set of rings was in a separate zip lock baggie and labeled. As for the improvement after through cleaning it was night and day. Thank you Robert. Very handy one stop shopping. Well worth the price of admission.

A few tips: Removing the idle air screws can be tricky. If they seem stuck don't force them, you can break them off and may have to drill it out and re-tap or even replace that carb. A little heating with a propane torch on the outside of the carb can free them. It expands the metal just enough to free them up to come out. I suppose heating in hot water would work as well and not be explosive. After reinstalling the air screws, put a little clear silicon in the hole so rain water doesn't fill up where you drilled out the factory cap. It is easy to remove for adjustments with a dental pick.

I used a lawn mower gas tank with fuel cutoff for testing while the bikes tank was out being painted. I suggest filling the carbs with fuel (after cleaning and rebuilding) right on the workbench before re-installing them to check for leaks. (no fuel all over the engine if there is a leak) and re-drain them before putting them back on the bike. (Also to prevent spills.)

Comment

I got 2 of his kits too, one word EXCELLENT

Comment

I got 2 of his kits as well. They were great.

Comment

Where you get these "Robertbarr" kits? All I need is a good carb cleaning. They have never been messed with at all. Period! after 20+ years.......well, alittle rough running at times....

Comment

HI Prop,
                      read the posts, the 4th one has the link to his site.
                      CLICK on it..

Comment

Ok, passed right by it...thanx!

Comment

Working...
                        X