Another tire question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another tire question.

My back tire was worn down so that the reinforcing cords were showing. So, now that I need a new tire, I was wondering if it is okay to just replace the rear tire with another brand.

Do the thread patterns on tires have to be the same? Can I put a Michelin tire on the back with my Ching Chang thang on the back?

Terry

it shouldn't be a problem to replace the back tire with what ever you want, but it may not be a bad idea to just change both. A new set of tire can be a little expensive but its alot cheaper then the medical bills if you take a spill. And in the future i would watch your tire a bit more carfully. By the time you see the steel band the change is already way over due! Most tires have a wear band that'll tell you when its time to replace them. This band its a spot in the tread that is shallower then the the rest of the gutter, once it is flush with the outside of the tire its time to look for new tires

Comment

yeah....when the tread is less than 2mm deep...you better start looking .

Some go with cheap tires, but I always say to go with the best you can afford.

Comment

Terry,
        I ordered some Dunlop D404's from this place and they were afordable and from what I can tell a very good quality..http://www.discountmotorcycletire.com/

Also per a question from another post. It is amazing what a few zip ties can do to make the wrong side covers fit.
        Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by whodatpat
          Terry,
          I ordered some Dunlop D404's from this place and they were afordable and from what I can tell a very good quality..http://www.discountmotorcycletire.com/

Also per a question from another post. It is amazing what a few zip ties can do to make the wrong side covers fit.
          Patrick
          Thanks, Pat. I'll chech
          them out.

and .... you really know how to hurt a guy. I still feel bad about that.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by TheNose
            Terry,

Patrick
            Thanks, Pat. I'll check
            them out.

and .... you really know how to hurt a guy. I still feel bad about that.

Terry

Comment

No Terry, I was not trying to hurt you.
              I absolutely can not find these things anywhere, (except full price at bikebandit). What I was emplying is that Zip ties are almost as efective as a fix-all as Duct-tape. I will keep looking for these odd ball side covers. But I refuse to pay full price for new ones. I will find a deal some day. Untill then I am happy to zip it.
              Patrick

Comment

No Terry, I was not trying to hurt you.
                I absolutely can not find these things anywhere, (except full price at bikebandit). What I was emplying is that Zip ties are almost as efective as a fix-all as Duct-tape. I will keep looking for these odd ball side covers. But I refuse to pay full price for new ones. I will find a deal some day. Untill then I am happy to zip it.
                Patrick
                I was just teasing.

Keep looking, they'll show up some day, some where.

Terry

Comment

Working...
                X