rusted heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rusted heads

my headers are rusted as hell all the way down to the exhaust? am i screwed shud i get new ones or can i resurface them or something

RECHROME OR PAINT FLAT BLACK

Comment

My advice is to first have them bead blasted, that'll clean all the rust off so you can tell what kind of shape the metal is in. If they're not pitted too bad you may be able to get them chromed. If they are pitted you might just spray them with some good high temp paint. If any holes appear from blasting throw them away and buy new. If you have any trouble locating someone to do the blasting or chrome you might check with a Harley shop.
      Axel

Comment

shud i just skip the blasting , to not risk holes, and just paint em

Comment

You can't paint them untill you get every bit of the rust off. Bead blasting is the best way to do this. Otherwise you'll be sanding or wire brushing them for hours. The bead blasting won't hurt good metal but if the metal is rusted so bad that it's paper thin it will blow through.
          Axel

Comment

whats better 4into 2 or 4 into 1 sound wise and performance wise

Comment

bump

Comment

replace with what you have, 4to2 or 1,

Comment

Ive been told that 4 into 2 into 1 is the best setup, as it still allows scavenging of exhaust gases and has only one can, therefore increasing sound and performance
                  I just wish I could afford a new system

Comment

Working...
                  X