rear brake GS1000G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear brake GS1000G

Hi everyone, I am having problem with my rear brakes, I had a leaky master cylinder, which I replaced the seal at the end. that stoped the leak. then I was riding the bike was strugling to go, finally I stoped at a treffic light, the bike would not move. I tried to pry the pads open I could not do; finally I released some brake fluid off of the bleeding niple, removed the pads (nothing was lef anyway) and came home, I took the caliper apart, removed the orings cleaned everything, put it togeter, for the first mile or so ir works, then it starts locking on the rotor. Did I put the master cylinder wrong? or what. I dont have an owners manual for this bike yet, I would appreciate if someone can give me direction where to start.

Ard

Sounds like the check valve in the master is sticking, and not letting the fluid bleed back into the res. Or you might have used the wrong seals or kit for the master. Did you have this problem before you repaired the leak? Was this problem there before the leak started?
    anyway i think the problem is in your master cyl. Greg

Comment

Make sure the brake pedel moves freely not sticking

Comment

rear brake

After I posted the help, I went to search, and found few threads that made sence; one of them was about the thin hole in the master cylinder that could have been blocked; I took the master cylinder apart, and cleaned it thouroughly, and as for the thin hole I worked extra to make sure that it is not blocked. after puting the master cylinder together, I took the bike for a ride, it felt good I dont know if I rode long enough to cause the crimping. Tomorrow I ride again and find out.
        Ard

Comment

Working...
        X