Urgent...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent...

Will the swingarm bearings off of an '82 850 GL fit my 1980?? By the picture, they are tapered roller bearings as well, but I'm not sure of the exact size, as the part #'s on Bike-bandit are different.,.....
    but the dimensions (RT 17X40X15.25) are the same.

I have phoned several bearing manufacturers, and the industry standard is 17x40x13.5....

this would save me BIG BUCKS!~

bearings

I would pass, and go to a bearing house, cause if you need the bearings you need the races too. and hes not offering them, it may be a difference in shield design or even the roller size witch, may put the bearing to high or low in your races

Comment

the size is listed the same then go for it.
      the problem with going to a bearing house is the bearing used is a speacial bearing made for suzuki with a integral seal made to the back side of the bearing wich is very unusual for a tapered roller bearing.

Comment

bearings

I to checked the part #'s on B.B. the numbers are the same, but like I said if your rollers are shot then the races should be to ,pits, roller indents, rust from steam cleaning,if you buy them and the seals are shot they can be remove and replaced with ones from skf

Comment

Alright, I bidded on those bearings. The price fromt the dealers was 30 bucks cdn. each. I was willing to pay that. then it went up to 65 dollars EACH!!! no way......

If I need new races (dont know what those are ) then I think those would be easy to get from a bearing house.

Thanks

Comment

Looks like ya got em!

Look inside your swingarm, Matt, where the bearings fit. The (hopefully) shiny, cone shaped, part is the bearing race. Lube those bearings with grease before you button it up.

And when is part 2 comin' up? Last we heard you were at Devil's Lake State Park.

Comment

yup. good deal for 17 bucks total!! 1/3 of the price of the dealer , for 2! even though they are used.....dont matter.

thanks, I will check to see if they are still there. The left bearing is still in, so it should have it, but the right one may be a tad rusted.....

Comment

Working...
              X