GS1100E to GS1100G parts swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100E to GS1100G parts swap

Hey folks, I'm pretty new to the Suzi GS line. Just picked up my first, an 1100G, for $350. She was wrecked so I need to replace some body parts. My question is, will the sidecovers from an 1100E fit the G? I can get the tank, sidecovers, seat and tailpiece from an E so they all match up but I'm not sure if the sidecovers will hook on the frame correctly. I'm also in need of the little round cover on the right (while you sittin on the bike) side of the engine. Looks like that side scraped the ground and took off the emblem. Thanks for your help!

-Mike

I seriously doubt that any body parts will interchange without major modification. These are two completely different bikes.
    Axel

Comment

Yeah. Axel is right. The body parts won't interchange.
      The engine parts though I'm not so sure. It's possible they will, somebody else will probably know for sure.
      You could check on www.BikeBandit.com and see if the part #s match. Be warned though, their 82 1100E listing is very hard to read (Don't know what year your looking at).
      Good luck.

Comment

Doh! Wish I would have checked here before I bid on all that stuff on ebay... :x Ah well...thanks for the replies fellas.

-Mike

Comment

The 1982 or 83 GS850G will interchange parts with the 1982 or 83 GS1100G. Not just a few, but many engine, frame, and body parts.

The GS1100E, as has been mentioned here, is a totally different animal from the shaftie GS1100G. It probably interchanges some parts with the GS750E of the same year, but I'm not sure about this.

Nick

Comment

Working...
          X