dyna coils and wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dyna coils and wires

I picked up some green dyn colis for my 82 GS1100GK. Wires came with the coils. After installation I find miss at lowere RPM. I have noticed the wires are silicone and not wire. Would this account for this behavior? She runs well over 40mph in 5th gear.

It could be a myriad of other things as well but wanted to get some thoughts regarding this possibility.

When I try to have this discussio with a non-gser, all I get is "plug wires are plug wires" I question their wisdom
    RG

New or used?

Have you tested each wire? Or moved them to different plugs? to see if the miss/skip follows the wire?
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

They are new wires and I any miss I have is intermittent. My real question is about copper vs. silicone.

RG

Comment

It is your insulation that is silicone, not the conductor.

Comment

wires

the wires are more than likely a carbon type core, check there resistance with an OHM meter, You can run solid core if you don't have a radio or cb on board, (static), you can tell witch wires you have by looking at the ends were the connector is crimped on

Comment

Re: wires

I have slilicone encased, carbon core wires on my 1150E and have no problem with them. If resistances are the same on all four wires, the problem isnt the wires. Could just be a slightly fouled spark plug or a faulty plug cap too.

Earl

Originally posted by Gee-s-is
            the wires are more than likely a carbon type core, check there resistance with an OHM meter, You can run solid core if you don't have a radio or cb on board, (static), you can tell witch wires you have by looking at the ends were the connector is crimped on
            Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

You didn't say---- If you use the silicon wires you need to use auto type spark plug boot connectors You do NOT use the suzuki plug caps

Comment

Thank you for your guidance. As is so often the case I am overwhelmed by those things I don't know.

rg

Comment

Working...
                X