Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bike won't turn over with plugs in place... Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Dave,

you said, you drained the oil. Did you remove the oilfilter? And if yes, can you be sure that the (I hope so) new one is the right one (or that it is not clogged?).

Sounds as if several problems are added here. If the problem is going on, you shoult test the compression on each cylinder and also the pressure of the oil pump (also, if the oilfilter has not been replaced). Of course first of all, replace the battery.
    Please dont try saving money by charging a dead battery again and again and spending hours and hours. The problem will return.

I think, even leaving a motorcycle one month without oil should not be a problem (the cylinders won?t rust that fast). If the chain tensioner wasn?t removed, the chain could have hardly been skipped by accident.

I would test the pressure of the oil pump at first to see, if there is a hydro lock in the oil circuit.

Comment

If you can hand-crank it and you've got plenty of voltage coming in from that car battery (you can measure the voltage with a multimeter), then you've got a weak/faulty starter.
      If hand-cranking didn't break anything internally (everything is moving freely) then I don't see how a push-start would. If a push-start is successful, you'd certainly be able to stop the guessing game.

Comment

Working...
      X