Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb rebuild kit for 83 550ES

Hi
    I can't seem to find a carb rebuild kit for my 83 GS550ES. It has the werid 2 barrel carbs and I can't find a kit for them.
    Does anyone know of a place that might still have these kits
    Thanks

Also
    Would it help my bike if I got a stage 3 jet kit for it. I have an open air box with stock filter and stock exhaust.

Comment

No kits available...you buy the parts piecemeal. I use K&L (I think, available at most non-dealer stores) for the jets and needles. For the gaskets, you are stuck with Suzuki, same with floats. Other parts, will probably be Suzuki (if you need more than that), other than O rings which could probably be located at NAPA, etc.

Sorry for the bummer news!
      Kenny

Comment

Dynajet has listed on thier website a stage3 kit for 125$... though it's cheaper to buy them individually. I have an '83 GS550E with seperate K&N Filters and a Vance & Hines exhaust... with a stock airbox and pipes I'm not sure a jet kit would help you at all... as a matter of fact your bike would run very very rich and there'd be probably un-burned fuel coming out the back... you would foul plugs, have difficulty keeping it running, cruddy gas mileage...

Comment

Working...
        X