Need info fairly quick.... Torque spec question/83 1100 E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need info fairly quick.... Torque spec question/83 1100 E

Can anyone tell me the torque numbers for the head nuts? Also the cam cover bolts would be nice too.

I am finally working on my 1100 and need these values cause I'm doing valve clearances and wanted to torque the head down while I'm in there....

Thanks a bunch. 8)

Tim

My copy of Haynes (covers GS1000, 1100, &1150 79-88 ) has 25.5-29 ft-lbs on the nuts; 5.0 - 8.0 ft-lbs on the bolts.

The camshaft cap bolts are 6.0 - 8.5

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Comment

Thank you very much. 8)

BTW, What the he// is that in your avatar? :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by HiSPL
        Thank you very much. 8)

BTW, What the he// is that in your avatar? :twisted:
        A photo of a statue showing a young child hoisting a kitty. Why, what did you think it was?? 8)

Comment

Mmmm Kaaay..... If that's what YOU see 8O I guess I'll let it go at that....

Comment

My copy of Haynes (covers GS1000, 1100, &1150 79-88 ) has 25.5-29 ft-lbs on the nuts; 5.0 - 8.0 ft-lbs on the bolts.

The camshaft cap bolts are 6.0 - 8.5

Hope this helps.

Jeff
            Would this be the same for my 80 GS1100E? I have a Clymers manual at home that I want to double check (I'm tracking down a factory manual for the correct specs).

Thanks folks!

Comment

The Clymer manual for the '80 GS1100E has 6.5 - 7.0 ft lbs for the camshaft cover bolts (page 137). I just finished checking my valve clearances.

I'm trying to find torque specs for engine side covers. All of them. Clutch cover, ignition cover, alternator cover, and sprocket cover. I'd be interested to know if your factory manual has the spec's on those.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC
                The Clymer manual for the '80 GS1100E has 6.5 - 7.0 ft lbs for the camshaft cover bolts (page 137). I just finished checking my valve clearances.

I'm trying to find torque specs for engine side covers. All of them. Clutch cover, ignition cover, alternator cover, and sprocket cover. I'd be interested to know if your factory manual has the spec's on those.

Thanks!
                Don't trust torquing these things. Just snug the bolts up a little.

Comment

Working...
                X