Wiring for '82 GS1100gk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring for '82 GS1100gk

Please help from anyone who knows GK wiring...seems I lost headlight,running lights and brakelight all at once the other day...have searched in vain for the proper wiring diagram to no avail...any help would sure be appreciated..or even a good copy of the wiring diagram.

Previous owner mickeyed some of the wiring so I am trying to straighten this mess out.

Still looking for seat and tank for this beast!

I can scan it and send need email add. Check all of the fuses to start with
    Check here they have one for a 80GS 850which would be simillar

Comment

As Lynn suggested....start with the fuse box.

Note it is not uncommon for fuses to have poor contacts, and that can easily cause your problems.

I had to take on of my boxes apart to clean the internal contacts. The corroded parts inside caused a heat build-up, and melted the case. Because it did this on the HOT side, the fuse did not blow, but it slanted over in the hole that resulted, and, once removed, electrical could not be re-established when the fuse was replaced.

The back panel of the box can be removed. There is a slot for this, and it SHOULD pop off if you pry it, but no guarantee there. I had to cut mine apart with an X-acto knife. If you do this, remember to ALWAYS move the blade AWAY from you.
      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Problem fixed?

I have an 82 GS1100GK. Do you still need the wiring diagram? Sounds like #2 & #3 fuses are blown. Probably age on the fuse box & it either needs cleaning or replacement. Let me know if you still need help with the wiring diagram & I'll see if I can enlarge the one in my owners manual and scan it in for you 8) .

Comment

Here's one:

Comment

To all the members of the group

Thanks so much to all for the responses...I now have 3 different wiring diagrams for my GK...all showing same colors...thank god...so I don't need anymore....thanks to all of you...ebay has netted me a seat...a tank...and thanks to a member of the group...Greg Wasserott...I will soon have a replacement wiring harness..it is in this spirit that things get done...thanks people.

Swapped the carbs off of my 1100EZ to get the bike running and it sounds really good...am starting carb cleaning 101 today on the GK carbs.

Of course..once its all done we need to do paint...

I was surprised that none of the fairings or bags had ANY broken parts....this thing sat in a semi-swamp for 3 years.

The wife is chomping at the bit waiting for a ride on HER tourer.

Anyway just wanted to show everyone how much I appreciate all the wonderful help...will be back soon with more updates...same bat time...same bat channel....

Comment

Working...
            X