Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will cycleorings.com's o-rings fit my carbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will cycleorings.com's o-rings fit my carbs?

Will the o-rings being sold at cycleorings.com fit my '81 450L? I'm planning my first ever carbuerator cleaning this winter and want to make sure I'm getting all the right parts.

Also planning on replacing the carb and airbox intake boots and the float bowl gaskets. Are there more websites like the above where I can get that stuff? I only ask because I've read on this that most of the rebuild kits you find are crap.

Thanks,
    Mike

Get in contact with Robert Barr, he has all the o-rings you'll need for a carb rebuild.

Comment

That's the guy from that website. He said he didn't know and I should ask you guys.

Comment

I know I've sold kits to 450 owners, but I never get much feedback from them. All I know is that the pre-'80 carbs use different O-rings, some 450's use mine, and some even later models don't.

So I can't give a definitive answer.

The biggest risk to 'well, pull 'em apart and try it' would be destroying the old O-rings before you know you'll have replacements for them.

Anyone with a 450 who has used my O-rings, kindly chime in here.

RB

Comment

all i can say is that I used your vm kit for my 750 and i appreciate it that you got them to me so quick :P

Comment

Try cycle recycle II for your float bowl gasket kit. They have cheap parts, good service, fast shipping.

Comment

Did you check BikeBandit to see if they had the OEM rings? They seem to have most everything I've been needing to bring my 450T back to life.

Comment

No, I hadn't. I thought someone said that Robert's were better.

Comment

That's possible, I don't know. Seems original would be OK if they have it. I just looked and saw some for your bike; some peices for those carbs were discontinued, though. You'd have to take a peek.

Comment

you could alos check with www.sudco.com

Comment

Our local Suzuki shop had them on hand. Might wanna give one a call near you, they might too.

Comment

Working...
                      X