Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBR front end on 750 katana '83 (european)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBR front end on 750 katana '83 (european)

Hi all - nice forum you have here. I'm sorry I didn't find it long ago.

My old kat needs an upgrade of its running gear, and I've been told that I can use a CBR600 front end (I prefere this solution over the GSXR front).
    Has anyone in this forum done this before me? I really want to know exactly what to look for on eBay, since I don't have the time, money and skills to do a lot of modding.

Please let me know if anyone can help me out on this,

Thanks

Studen 8)

As I understand it from other people the CBR front end bolts almost straight in, the best years to look for are 93 to 98.
    Dink

Comment

Thanks Dink - nice to hear that it should be a smooth swap. Do you have any details on, why these years are to prefere?

Studen

Comment

fork leg lengths.
        Dink

Comment

Roger

Comment

Just curious but, how come no GSXR front?

Comment

Hmm, good question. I spend a lot of time on eBay finding a good price but nothing happend. Then I fell in love the cbr rims and heard about some people who had done it. I also had the impression that the cbr parts would be cheaper, but now I'm not so sure anymore....

Studen

Comment

Back again..
                Dink you knew someone who had some experience with this? I think I know what to go for when it comes to the front, but the rear seemd to be a problem. I'd like to fit a cbr600 5inch in the standard swinger, but I'm told the sprocket hits the swing-arm. Do you know anyhing about this? I was thinking of using a 4.5inch instead, but need to make sure that it will fit?

Where can I hook up with some people who have done this trick? I got the impression you know some?

Thanks

Studen

Comment

cbr fork

Hello

Check out the web page www.oldskoolsuzuki_info its a web page in the UK. I do know for sure that someone has done this swap with good success. Just go to the search mode after u register with the site.

Good luck, Arhcie

Comment

Working...
                  X