Is Cycleorings.com still in business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Cycleorings.com still in business?

Does anyone know if Cycleorings.com is still in business? I've been trying to contact Robert to no avail. I can't use Paypal and the only way for me to get money to him is to send a check/mo, but there's no address listed. Anyone have contact information for him other than the listed email address? Thanks.

kbj

Re: Is Cycleorings.com still in business?

I ordered from Robt Barr this weekend. I received a confirmation on my order from him this afternoon. If you dont have paypal, but do have a charge card, you can click on the paypal button and it will give you the option of paying through your paypal account, or making a one time payment to the seller with any charge card. I dont use paypal.

Earl

Originally posted by killerbobjr
    Does anyone know if Cycleorings.com is still in business? I've been trying to contact Robert to no avail. I can't use Paypal and the only way for me to get money to him is to send a check/mo, but there's no address listed. Anyone have contact information for him other than the listed email address? Thanks.

kbj
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
      If you dont have paypal, but do have a charge card, you can click on the paypal button and it will give you the option of paying through your paypal account, or making a one time payment to the seller with any charge card. I dont use paypal.
      You're still using Paypal even if you don't open an account. My orginal Paypal account (that contains my address for my cards) is closed. Paypal recognizes my billing address and/or card number and refuses to complete the transaction, hence the necessity for sending a check/mo. (A word to the wise -- never, ever use Paypal to accept payment for any big ticket items -- you can be screwed royally if the transaction goes bad).

So, again my question: Does anyone know how to contact Robert? Thanks in advance.

kbj

Comment

Boy, I wish I would have known about this site while cleaning my carbs last week. I ended up reusing all of the orings, none of them looked terrible, but for $12 I would have replaced them all and will have to keep it in mind if I run into any trouble.
        Jason

Comment

There's an email link on the main page. For some reason, the mail from that page is taking 4 days (!) to get forwarded to me. I've rerouted it temporarily so it works OK now.

The postal mailing address is:

716 Mack Street
          Joliet, IL 60435

Any other questions, just leave me a private message.

Comment

Originally posted by killerbobjr
            You're still using Paypal even if you don't open an account. My orginal Paypal account (that contains my address for my cards) is closed. Paypal recognizes my billing address and/or card number and refuses to complete the transaction, hence the necessity for sending a check/mo.

kbj
            I thought I was the only person with this problem...PayPal sucks.

Hap

Comment

I never had a problem with it...and I've moved 3 times since my account has been opened.

I shot the breeze with Robert through email a while back. He released VM carb o-rings within the last year, so I plan to use them on my rebuild this winter.

~Adam

Comment

yea, i've moved twice since i opened my original paypal account and i've had no problems... i guess it's one of those instances in which YMMV L

Comment

Folks, there's a difference between your accounts (STILL OPEN) and mine (CLOSED, CLOSED, CLOSED!). The Paypal accounts that are still open can use Paypal to send payments, even if you move and change addresses. The accounts that are closed, like mine, have all activity associated with them canceled -- that means no sending payments even if you use a card with a new number but same billing address, or a card with a previously used number but a new billing address. The Paypal database catches it and refuses to allow those transactions. I would have to get a new card number AND a new billing address to be able to pay through Paypal again.

All this is moot since I've already sent Robert a money order.

Comment

Working...
                  X