Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition Module Part No.?

New member here.

I need a new ignition module for a 1983 GS705ES. I checked out the Dyna web site and I can't seem to find the part I need. Does anybody know the part no. of the ignitor which will work on this bike? I'm really looking forward to getting the old GS running since it's the same model as my very first bike. Thanks in advance.

you may want the Dyna III, D-33-2

Comment

Thanks a lot Dave. I just needed someone to confirm what I suspected. I think I'm going to order the coils and wires as well, just to make sure things are totally in order.

Comment

Originally posted by controlfreak
        Thanks a lot Dave. I just needed someone to confirm what I suspected. I think I'm going to order the coils and wires as well, just to make sure things are totally in order.
        sure no prob, at $99 it's a good deal too! The green, DC1-1, 3.0 ohm, dual output, are the coils you may want to check out

Comment

Your 83 also has the electronic rotor setup You will need to retro fit a mechanical advance unit

Comment

Hey controlfreak,

I have exactly that part for sale listed in the Parts For Sale forum, plus the coils that go with it!

The ignitor box is Suzuki part number 32900-31310 and Nippondenso part number 131100-3580

The coils are Nippondenso part numbers 129700-800 and 129700-810.

It's your lucky day!

Comment

Follow-up:

My Parts for Sale post is titled "Lotsa GS parts off different GS bikes".

The coils I have come complete with plug wires and plug caps.

The Suzuki prices for the ignitor box and coils, wires, etc. new, total over $600. I'm offering them for sale for $125.

Such a deal!

Comment

Thanks again for the help people. I've been researching this for a week with little success. I should have inquired earlier.

Comment

Working...
                X