suzuki guy please!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suzuki guy please!!!!

what the *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ is the purpose of a vaccum petcock i have a old 3 wheeler i bastardized a suzuki gs 450 engine into, and now will the honda tank on it you turn the gas on and the *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ just pours out the back of the carbs no matter where the damn floats are set someone told me it was because you have to have a vaccum petcock to keep it from doing that. So i get the petcock and it has a ON position and a RES and thats it. now why in the hell would that keep fuel from running out the back of the carbs i,m totally confused someone please help me out

Do you think you could re-phrase your rant?? 8O

Comment

Re: suzuki guy please!!!!

Originally posted by jesusno2
      what the #### is the purpose of a vaccum petcock

It turns off the flow of fuel when the engine is not running. Quite ingenious really.... Any more questions?

:roll:

Comment

stupidest thing i ever heard of really what happened to having to remeber to turn the gas off when yor done riding but i figure i'm just gonna ditch the stock crap cv carbs and put slide carbs on it anyway they just work better and are much simpler to jet and clean

Comment

Originally posted by jesusno2
          stupidest thing i ever heard of really what happened to having to remeber to turn the gas off when yor done riding but i figure i'm just gonna ditch the stock crap cv carbs and put slide carbs on it anyway they just work better and are much simpler to jet and clean
          You probably don't understand nuclear physics but that doesn't make it a stupid subject. People forget to turn off the gas to their carbs, a needle valve sticks in the open position, the cases fill with gas...this prevent this problem. The vacuum petcock accomplishes that with out using electrical power and works automatically using a vacuum source that is there already. That sounds like a smart idea to me.

Rebuild your petcock (there are rebuild kits out there) and save the money on the carbs.

Hap

Comment

Something is wrong with your carbs!!! If your carbs are working properly, you should never know if you have a vacum pet cock or not. The carbs needle & seat will stop the fuel flow, if working properly. If this system fails, the vacuum petcock, if working properly, will stop the flow.

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips
              Something is wrong with your carbs!!! If your carbs are working properly, you should never know if you have a vacum pet cock or not. The carbs needle & seat will stop the fuel flow, if working properly. If this system fails, the vacuum petcock, if working properly, will stop the flow.
              Correct! You probably just have to replace the needles in the float bowls.

Comment

carbs

since this is an engine swap, did you change the angel of the carbs a lot, making it impossable for the needle and seats to work right??

Comment

ok here is the deal i did swap this engine but the engine is sitting in the EXACT same angle as it was from the factory i just used the down tubes from the factory frame,and graphed them onto the three wheeler frame, but i am using the stock three wheeler tank and it is plastic with a honda type petcock(on off reserve) but no matter where i set the floats fuel just pours out the back of them.but it is not filling the bowls their empty it is very strange i have have yet been able to figure it out so i think i,m gonna just ditch this whole setup i made a intake for it to run a big single mikuni slide carb hopefully it will work right

Comment

Almost sounds like you fitted the fuel line onto the vacuum nipple or vent line nipple on the carbs. :roll:

The larger nipple on the T-piece is the where the fuel line connects.

Here's a picture of a 4 carbs setup (2 carbs setup should look similar):

[img]http://nl.msnusers.com/_Secure/0XAAAABYbadc47bitGygqnMdn6bsbXRgF4p9H3cMbw322EPtaB 9kk5Kn7H6DCKOW8j476ZKTHFa6KAiitly2vaYSO3WUAl2rRu!r *69m5M7Bydg5E8WwTMKUQhvRfSA2TWquWxLmL5YY/BS32SS%20pipe%20routing%20800x600.jpg[/img]

Picture comes from Robinjo's website: http://nl.msnusers.com/motorgek/pagina1.msnw

Comment

the fuel line is hooked in the right spot i,m sure of that. it must have something to do with that petcock i guess cause i sure can,t figure anything else, but that. and the needles are in really good shape and i know they are sealing in any setting by blowing air through them and pushing up the float cause they used to work fine with the suzuki tank

Comment

ur fuel problem

on a stock fourwheeler gas valve or petcock...there is ON for when its running OFF for when its not and RESERVE just incase you run low....................some mayb be different but who cares neways....... the vacuum style petcocks have RESERVE also with ON and have a PRIME in the selection urs might not but it dont matter.......this syle requires a vacuum negative pressure from one of the carbs to allow fuel to flow to the carbs...... so when you shut off the bike if its in ON or RESERVE no fuel will flow.......... but if its in PRIME it will always flow ....... PRIME is just if it has been sitting around for a while or has been drained u can PRIME the carbs by setting it to PRIME for about 10 seconds you can also run in this position only if ur petcock fails to open via from vacuum. BUTTTTTT if your carbs keep spilling out or wutever I THINK MAYBBBB ur floats are not set right (NO PROBLEMMM MANG)

Comment

I'm with jojo, if you have gas flowing from the carbs, anywhere, without filling the float bowls, something has got to be hooked up at the wrong place. I'd take a closer look. As for the vacuum pet cock, if it's working properly there will be no fuel flow, anywhere, unless there is vacuum to the small fitting on the pet cock, or the pet cock is in the pri position.

Comment

ok i finnaly did it i got it all figured out geezz never knew the floats were so delicate when adjusting man what a pain must have had those carbs on and off 30 times!!! but it's flat kickin ass now i even had time to start drillin some jet sizes cause the bike is using a 2 into 1 header and pod filters so i think with a little tuning it will be ready to rock

Comment

hey thats good to hear by the way your swapping this engine into a three wheeler?? i think its gunna fly i have a gs400 twin im swapping into a 97 warrior four wheeler frame let me know how this thing goes

by the way you said your swapping the two carb set up to a single and a custom manifold....is there performance gains or losses to this or will it remain the same because i think as long as no power is lost running a single carb would be alot less complicated and simple

Comment

Working...
                              X