New Dyna III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Dyna III

Well I've just installed a new Dyna III ignition. Now I have a nice fat blue spark that I've always yearned for.
    But my problem is I don't have any acceleration off the line like I used to. It seemed with my old ignition I'd have good accel at first but lousy top end. Now I have fantastic mid range and top end buy lousy off-the-line acceleration.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Les

Les,

It's been a while since I put my Dyna in my 750, but could the timing be off? I believe you can adjust the sensors that fit near/on the crank to adjust the timing. I could be off base here, but you might want to check it with a timing light to be sure.

-Jon
    16 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT with 175hp stock, no upgrades required...
    13 Yamaha WR450 with FMF pipe, Baja Designs street legal kit
    78 GS750E finely tuned with:

78 KZ1000 in pieces with:
    Rust, new ignition, burnt valves and CLEAN carbs!

History book:
    02 GSF1200S Bandit (it was awesome)
    12 Aprilia Shiver 750
    82 GS1100G

83 Kaw 440LTD

Comment

I'll see about adjusting the timing. That might be it.
      Does anyone think it might be a carbueration issue? Are you supposed to adjust the mixture after adding a Dyna ignition?
      Thanks
      Les

Comment

You probably need to set the timing like it says in the instructions. Don't set it the static method, because I found it hard to hold the thing open and rotate the engine. Instead borrow a timing light from someone and dial it in.

Remember you need to hook up to Cylinder 1/4 and 2/3 seperately because each set has two triggers, and each one adjusts seperately.

I tuned mine by ear, it rode good, but when I got the light on it and set, it was much better.

~Adam

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
          You probably need to set the timing like it says in the instructions. Don't set it the static method, because I found it hard to hold the thing open and rotate the engine. Instead borrow a timing light from someone and dial it in.
          I couldn't agree more, keeping it advanced while statically setting the timing is a real PITA. The rest of the job is a piece of cake.

-Morgan

Comment

Working...
          X