WHATS THE STANDARD JETTING FOR A GS1100 USING 33mmKEIHIN CRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHATS THE STANDARD JETTING FOR A GS1100 USING 33mmKEIHIN CRs

:roll: HI THERE. IM NEW TO THIS SITE AND NEED JETTING HELP. IVE PURCHASED A SECOND HAND SET OF 33mm CRs WITHOUT JETS AND DONT KNOW WHAT JETTING WAS SURPOSED TO BE IN THEM WHEN BUYING THEM BRAND NEW, TO SUIT A GS1100.? IF ANYONE HAS A 1170 WITH EFE VALVES AND EFE CAMS IN IT AND A MILD BIT OF PORTWORK AND IS RUNNING THESE CRs, THEN ID ESPECIALLY LIKE YOUR HELP, AS THIS IS THE SAME SET UP IM RUNNING. ANY HELP FROM MANY DIFFERENT GS CONFIGURATIONS WOULD BE GREATFULLY APPRECIATED. THANKS IN ADVANCE FROM A NEW OZZIE MEMBER!!!
    WHITEY!

What have you got for a pipe? Stock air box or pods?
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Try this link, I posted a bunch of 1100 carb specs there, most (if not all) 1100s came with 34 mm Mikuni CV carbs

Comment

G'day Whitey!!! Welcome to the GSR, glad to see you took my advice.
        Dink

Comment

Dink
          Oh, wait a minute- you know Dink? I have just decided that I no longer wish to give you assistance, Whitey. G'day!
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
            Dink
            Oh, wait a minute- you know Dink? I have just decided that I no longer wish to give you assistance, Whitey. G'day!
            Jethro , the really scarey bit 8O is he has an 1150 and a big bore Katana also
            We have never met though, only know each other through KatOz, unless you are going to Khancoban Whitey???
            Dink

Comment

HI THERE JETHRO AND DINK. JETHRO, IM USING K&N PODS AND A PIPELINE 4-1. EF VALVES AND YOSHI ST2 CAMS AND IT IS A RACE BIKE MOTOR. I NEED THE CR JETTING FOR ANY GS/GSX 1100 , BUT ANY 1 USING 33mm CRs ON THE ROAD WOULD DO FOR JET SPECS TOO. ID LIKE TO KNOW WHAT JETTS (MAIN/NEEDLE ETC) THEY CAME SUPPLIED WITH NEW ASWELL. DINK, IM UNABLE TO BE AT KHANCOBAN DUE TO WORK COMMITMENTS, BUT 4 OF OUR SOUTH OZ KAT CLUB GUYS ARE THERE. TRINNA AND HER PARTNER LAURRIE ASWELL AS ANTON (RED) AND HIS WIFE JOANNE. ENCASE YOU WERE WANDERING JETHRO, IVE GOT AN EFE 1150 1985 MODEL, WITH BIGGER WHEELS ETC AND A HEAVILY MODDED BLACK KATANA 1170 WITH USD GSXR FORKS AND MONOSHOCKED REAR. 5 1/2 INCH REAR AND 3 1/2 INCH FRONT AND 320 DISKS WITH 4 SPOTTERS. AND THE MOTORS PRETTY WICKED TOO WITH 36mm MIKUNI RADIAL FLATSLIDES. THE RACE BIKE IS STILL BEING BUILT, BUT WITH ENFASIS ON TORQUE NOT TOP END. ITS A GSX1100 OUT TO 1260, 1980 MODEL E.T. IVE GOT EVERY PART I NEED, BUT THIS JETTING WILL PUT THE ICING ON THE CAKE SO TO SPEAK. DINK, I HOPE YOU HAVE/HAD A GOOD TIME ON THE KATANA AUSTRALIA RUN. PERFECT SUNNY WEATHER FOR IT!
              CHEERS FELLAS, WHITEY.

Comment

:roll: I COULD STILL DO WITH SOME JETTING HELP IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE MORE. THANKS...WHITEY

Comment

My 81?GS1100(EX) is also running on a CR but it is 37mm (now I know that it is too big but also too late now)
                  Hope my setting could give a reference: slow jet ? 42, Main ? 110,
                  needle ? Sudco part no. 017-106, Keihin part no. N427-51G00, 5179 at second clip from the top.
                  Mixture screw is only 2/5 out from the bottom.
                  K&N filter with all stock air box and a 4(38mm)-2(45mm)-1(54mm) exhaust pipe. Idle at 1,100 after fully warm up.
                  I can ride slowly between traffic lights and also have a good torque at mid.
                  Top red line reach at throttle open at 3/4 with rough, it may good to have 105 main. May be trying later.
                  I found it needs a good balance to the CR carbs & good ignition before it find the right jets and needle clip position.
                  Addy

Comment

Whitey Show&go couldnt help you at all with this? They are the Kiehin distributer in Oz and are based in Adelaide.
                    Dink

Comment

ADDY. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION. THATS THE INFORMATION I WAS LOOKING FOR. DINK, I TRIED TO ASK SHOW AND GO AND THEY DIDNT WANT TO HELP, UNLESS I BAUGHT A SET FROM THEM. THEY RECON THEY DONT HAVE WRITTEN DOWN THE JETTING THAT THEY COME SUPPLIED WITH WHEN YOU BUY THEM NEW. I DONT BELIEVE THEM, BUT THEY WONT HELP UNLESS I SPEND A PENNY. ITS A BIT ROUGH I RECON. THATS WHY IM HERE TRYING TO GET SOME BASICS THAT THEY WONT HELP WITH. MABE THE FELLOW AT "GOIN SLOW" I WAS TALKING TO COULDNT BE BOTHERED LOOKING IN THE BOOK FOR ME. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS!
                      :roll: DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE SOMETHING FOR ME ??????

Comment

:roll: GS1100, 33mm CRs, 1170 WITH EFE VALVES AND EFE CAMS IN IT AND A MILD BIT OF PORTWORK.
                        How many Horses????

Comment

Working...
                        X