Need More Power!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need More Power!!!!

I have recently past my test and i want to know how to de-restrict my GS125. It just doesnt have enough power for me. Is there any mods I can do to my bike to get even more speed from it? :twisted: Any help would be gr8
    Alex

The GS125 is not restricted, its just dog slow. Trade it in for a bigger bike.

Comment

There's no substitute for cubic inches/centimeters! Normally aspirated, of course....

Comment

It's a 125, man! I rode a vespa with a bigger motor than that! I'm afraid that more power is gonna mean a bigger bike. A man's bike.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Re: Need More Power!!!!

About the only thing I know of that will improve your acceleration would be to pedal faster. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by WhosYaDaddy
          I have recently past my test and i want to know how to de-restrict my GS125. It just doesnt have enough power for me. Is there any mods I can do to my bike to get even more speed from it? :twisted: Any help would be gr8
          Alex
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
            It's a 125, man! I rode a vespa with a bigger motor than that! I'm afraid that more power is gonna mean a bigger bike. A man's bike.
            Careful, Jethro..... 1100ED/Tony may choose to disagree with you.... :twisted:

Alex:

Since you say you just got your ticket to ride, and you have apparently only experienced a GS125, you will undoubtedly need to go up in size to get more power, but be careful how high you go on the next step. If you can find a GS400/450 go for it. They are still fairly small in size, so they will not be much more difficult to handle. You don't need to go to a bigger machine to get the power to go faster....400/450s will accellerate faster than most cars and can hit 160kph/100mph.

Any higher in displacement and you get a bigger frame, and a heavier bike. Oh, yes, you also get a LOT more power and, very frankly, I would recommend against that move until you gain experience on intermediate size machines.
            Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

You could spend all sorts of money and put a turbo/supercharger/N2O on it, but even if you doubled the output you'd still be owned by some frenchman in spandex on the downhill. Go for a bigger bike.

-=Whittey=-

Comment

Hi Ron,
                I had my bike up to 130km/h with the tach at 8500RPM so the rumors may be true that the bike can make 160km/h. Too bad it's been sitting for two weeks since I haven't had time to fix her up as I'm getting ready to move back to Ottawa for the winter. I am determined to take a little time off of school and ride her up to James Bay around mid/late September. I was gonna do the trip the a few weeks ago but it required a 1300km day. I wish I had gotten up at 8am rather than noon as I could have made it...

Steve

Comment

Steve:

What a tremendous trip! No one I know has ever gone all the way up there by road.
                  I've been well past the tree line by air, but by road never went too much north of Sudbury.

By mid to late September you will likely see chilly temperatures, especially at night. Take clothes that you can wear in layers, just like skiing, and make sure you have gloves or mitts.

Take pictures.

PS...I'm sorry to say I did not find the package of signal/switch parts. Hope you got that fixed.
                  Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Hopefully this topic was meant as a joke.

Comment

It seems to me like Alex asked an honest question and all((sorry, I meant some of)) you macho guys are stepping on him--Maybe he just wants a little more power out of his 125cc bike. maybe he cant afford another bike. Alex Ihope you are not turned off by the responses. This is a bit unusual.

Comment

It seems to me like Alex asked an honest question and all((sorry, I meant some of)) you macho guys are stepping on him--Maybe he just wants a little more power out of his 125cc bike. maybe he cant afford another bike. Alex Ihope you are not turned off by the responses. This is a bit unusual.
                        Strange coming from someone who's reply to my post about animal lovers generally being good people was "Yuck".

Comment

Tony, I don't think anyone will disagree with you, but, depending on which figures are put forward, the GS125 turns out 8 to 11 hp, so a nominal increase in power would not make a significant difference, and anything more than a nominal increase would be expensive to obtain.

Given the cost of parts and mechanical expertise needed to reach that objective, then for the expense involved, Alex could easily buy a GS400, sell the 125 and have a few bucks left over, along with a better bike.

Comment

Good logic Ron but i dont think she was aiming at what you had written

Comment

Ron makes a good point. Go with the next size up and get used to that. What ever you do dont got buy one of these big horsepowere crazy bikes and get yourself hurt.

Comment

Working...
                              X