Source needed for gaskets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source needed for gaskets?

G'Day Guys, I'm doing a full rebuild on my 1981 8 valve GS1000S engine, I have the remains of a full gasket set for the bottom end, but recently used the head, cam cover, and base gaskets on another engine, so am looking for a source for a new metal head gasket and standard base gasket. Last time I bought the whole set it was over $200.00 (about $150.00 US) which I think sucks. Anyone know a better (cheaper) option? Cheers, Terry. :twisted:

Partsnmore.net -- $61.00 (US) for a complete gasket set for the GS1000. Will ship worldwide from Canada.

kbj

Comment

PartsNMore

Hope you don't mind me butting in but I just ordered carb kits from those guys. Have you had good luck with them

Comment

Re: PartsNMore

Originally posted by Giblet
        Have you had good luck with them
        Ordered a starter brush assembly, it came within a week. No complaints.

kbj

Comment

Check ebay

This might be a no brainer but you should check ebay, I have found gaskets and entire engine rebuild kits on there at very reasonable prices.

Comment

Terry, have your tried the Old Bike Barn? They have a pretty good selection of parts for vintage cycles. I've ordered a few parts from them and they seem to be fairly responsive. I don't know if they ship to Australia (don't see why not) or if they have your particular model's gaskets, but I'd check them out.

Supplying new parts for Vintage Motorcycles! Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha. Old Bike Barn has what you need for your vintage motorcycle project!

Comment

Terry try Vesrah, full engine gasket set for my 1150 is$90 Oz. Also I have recently discovered I have a friend working for the Oz distributor.
              Dink
              PM if I can help

Comment

Try www.bikebandit.com I get all of my OEM parts from there and they have a great selection.

The Beast

Comment

Working...
                X