Help me read my plugs please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me read my plugs please

I've still been concerned with the lack of power at the top end. Last night I did a little fooling with the carbs and raised the needles a notch. They are now at the second highest position possible. I also changed the pilot jets out to bigger ones- but that's a different issue. So today I had her hammered at 5000 rpm in 5th gear and hit the kill switch just before my driveway so I could do a plug read. What do you guys think? They sit as they would come off the bike- from left to right 1,2,3 and 4.

I'm liking the color, but I am still afraid they might be burning a little lean. Opinions please?
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Compare them to this if you like, but they look pretty good to me.

Comment

well you had the lighting in the wrong position but from that picture they look ok, might go up one level in heat range of the plugs (hotter)
      when summer comes aroud you may have to go back down.

Comment

Slightly rich, but otherwise OK.

Comment

They look ok. Give them a reasonable run of normal riding to see how they perform. They are obviously in the zone. Remember you are adjusting the needles so rideability and response are what should guide the jetting. Plug chops are good for getting the main jets right, less so for needles unless they are way off.

Comment

Working...
          X