Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark plugs for a GS550ES

Hi
    I was wondering I have an 83 GS 550es and it has NGK BP9ES plugs in it the book calls for BP8ES I forget witch plugs is hotter.

As I understand it, the 9 would be the hotter plug.

Comment

Originally posted by DMPLATT
      As I understand it, the 9 would be the hotter plug.
      OOOOOO wrong!!! with NGK the smaller number is hotter, this is not a universal system and some manufactures use higher numbers to indicate hotter plugs.

I find it interesting that NGK list a totaly differant plug for the 83-86 GS550, the number you list, BP8ES, is for a projected insulator type plug, NGK list a standard insulator plug.

I am running NGK BR8EIX iridium plugs in my bike, love them!

PS:7

Comment

Oops. My bad. Silly me, I was trying to come off memory. I remember looking in my manual and I could've swore it said the 9 was hotter. Sorry for the Mis-information.

Comment

I DONT understand all of this hot and cold plugs.....is that the length of the porcelan sticking out of the tip of the plug....the original plugs on my bike its way inside the plugs tip what does that mean what if i used a longer one how come the new G-platnum NGKs dont even have a plug with the insolator hidden inside the tip does that mean i cant use them and Split Fire spark plugs dont even have different kinds there all the same i have a new set and im scared to use them because of the difference of the look on the tip so i stick to original

Comment

Working...
          X