sure like stripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sure like stripping

alright, I am talking about those screws in the top of my master cylinder cap. both of them were nice enough give up their shape for an ugly new one. Any suggestions on how i remove these without messing up anything?

Thanks,
    Trevor

Have you tried an impact wrench? $15 at Wal-Mart and it comes with a screw driver head that has never failed me.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

worst case use a small drill and drill just enough so that the head of the screw comes off after that you can remove the cover and use vise grips to remove the rest of the screw

Comment

Impact wrench should be your first effort. If it won't work, you can try using a pin punch of the same diameter as the screw head. Use it to flatten the screw head a bit, then try the impact tool again.

Drilling the head away is probably next.

An alternative idea is one I've used in other places, but don't really recommend as you cannot afford to damage the brake housing. You would have to be VERY careful.

If you have a Dremel or similar high-speed motorized tool you can fit a
        half/inch cutting disc and use it to cut a slot across the screw head.
        Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Working...
        X