newbie.. i have problems with a 79 gs750L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie.. i have problems with a 79 gs750L

im having trouble trying to get it to start or run. i had it runing once w/ full choke, and one what im assuming is a vac. line hooked to the petcock thing. i need to know how to hook up the "vacuum lines"???? to the petcock..... ther are 3 lines. ive been told it might be clogged pilotjets. but i know i dont have the vac. lines hooked up properly. and i think if i could get them right she would run.. please help if u know anything about it. im getting frustrated trying to find any info on how they should be........ thank you very very very much for any info and i look forward to getting to know everybuddy on the forum...

ELi
    1979 GS750 L

Check this topic for the vacuum/vent/overflow/fuel lines routing: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ic.php?t=26909
    Your bike has the VM carbs.

Welcome to the Forum!

Comment

thank you very very much.. i will check it out

Comment

thank you!!! that was exactly what im spent like 4 days looking for and NO ONE could help me with..... so after i get it hooked up right, if it still wont run right does that mean i need to clean the pilot jets?? again i am very very greatfull! im very glad i found this forum..
        ELi

Comment

First of all: don't even try to get it running without the airbox and air filter.
          It will never run properly without them.
          Install everything first and see how it runs, before you attempt to fine tune the carbs.

Comment

ok will do!! thank you. just woundering.. why wouldnt it run right? my last attempts over the weekend, i put the box back on, because i wanted to see if it would help it... thank you again...
            ELi :P

Comment

Originally posted by smoothengagement
              ok will do!! thank you. just woundering.. why wouldnt it run right? my last attempts over the weekend, i put the box back on, because i wanted to see if it would help it... thank you again...
              ELi :P
              Somehow all GS's need the restricted airflow. You can do without the airbox and filter and change to pods, but it will require rejetting of the carbs.
              But first you want to make sure that the engine is running ok, so you need the airbox and filter to get the right setup.

Comment

well thank you very much!!

Comment

Working...
                X