aluminum finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aluminum finish

is there anyway to shine up aluminum again lik eon the engine casing could i use that snowmobile polish or steal wool? my 78 gs has some flaws in the metal from aluminum corrosion

Do a search here for aluminum polishing and you'll get some info.
    I learned to polish by visiting
    The Eastwood Company provides unique automotive tools and supplies, as well as expert advice and solutions, for the classic car and hot rod enthusiast. Visit us online today.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Get a 3m abrasive wheel.

Get a 3M paint and varnish abrasive wheel.

I got a couple from wall mart.

These wheels are really good for removing clear and corosion. I just polished the parts on my CB engine, and it worked great.

Once I was done with the wheel I was ready to wet sand. With a little extra wheel work I was abble to remove most of the scratches as well.

These are not the agressive rust removal wheels. They look similar to a green scotch pad, but are more sturdy and more abbrasive.

After wet sanding I put some super fine 0000 steel wool in a rubber sanding block and went to work with some Mothers.

Useing the block made bringing up the shine really fast.

I finished with a buffing wheel chocked up in my drill, and then cleaned out the compound with a tooth brush, and some amonia.

Comment

get some metal polish after that, and rub till your fingers fall off

Comment

Try this it worked well for my 80 1100E. Still a lot of elbow grease but my engine looks great now.

March Performance provides premium pulleys and brackets for a variety of engine types, including Ford, Chevy, Chrysler and more. All v-belt and serpentine kits have multiple finish types available and are backed by our Life Time Warranty. Call 1.888.729.9070 for sales & technical support questions.

The Beast

Comment

I have done the rub till your fingers fall off.

The Poot method of rubbing till your fingers fall of is what I did to my GS.

The 3M wheel and sanding block made my CB job much faster, and with no blisters.

Comment

Not hard but verry verry time consuming. I used a polishing wheel "the little white soft wheels" with my dremmel tool and mothers aluminum polish on the front lower legs of my XS650 and they came out to a mirror finish.

Comment

Working...
              X