carb needles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb needles

does any one have any idea what the purpose of the spring under the needle is? do i have to have it?

not the the big spring that forces the slide to stay down but the little one under the e-clip on the needle

Also does anyone know where i could buy adjustable needles with out buying the whole jet kit?

The spring under the needle clip minimizes vibration. The jet needle would wear badly and there would be mixture problems without the spring.
    As far as I know, adjustable needles for your model are not sold seperately. Some members claim they have used spacers/washers to raise the needles with good results. I've never tried shimming myself.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I can't find the # Radio Shack sell a small package of washers that can be used for shimming the needles

Comment

cool thanks i was having the hardest time finding a washer small enough

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
          I can't find the # Radio Shack sell a small package of washers that can be used for shimming the needles
          64-3022

kbj

Comment

Yes electronic stores would have a washer you might need. Trick is not too large on the outer diameter since it must fit on the needle and in the slide, match the washer inner diameter to fit the needle like the stock nylon washer fit, and make sure thickness is the same on each washer.

I do believe motorcycle dealers do carry shim washers.

Comment

Working...
            X