No announcement yet.

Wife needs xmas help with 1982 GS1100GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, will the stock 4 into 2 exhaust from an 1100GL fit goingcrazyinnys bike? I have a set that i'd be willing to give her if she wants to hook her hubby up. I know it's been awhile since her post but just in case she still needs em'Merry Christmas

inny drop me an email if you need them,i'll never ever use em'

Comment

Georgiaboy,

If no one else steps up for those, I have an 82 1100 GL that needs an exhaust. One of the previous owners of this bike put exhaust from a 550 E I think, and now the pipes run right over where the side stand bolts on. Have to use the center stand all the time and it is getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by Georgiaboy
        Hey guys, will the stock 4 into 2 exhaust from an 1100GL fit goingcrazyinnys bike? I have a set that i'd be willing to give her if she wants to hook her hubby up. I know it's been awhile since her post but just in case she still needs em'Merry Christmas

Will they fit? I have no clue about any of this, which is why I found this awesome site to begin with. I didn't end up getting him the exhaust yet 'cause the brakes blew on the car so that had to get fixed which ate the rest of my christmas cash.
        Sucks too casue he commented on Christmas he was hoping that someone had gotten him some stuff for his bike.
        Let me know what you want for 'em if they'll fit.
        Goingcrazyinny

Comment

Originally posted by goingcrazyinny

Will they fit? I have no clue about any of this, which is why I found this awesome site to begin with.
          Let me know what you want for 'em if they'll fit.
          Goingcrazyinny
          Unfortunately (as others have mentioned ) the exhaust on the GK is unique. Most of the systems that are advertised for "GS1100's" are for the "E" model and won't fit. Systems for the "G" and "GL" will probably bolt up to the engine ok but will not clear the saddlebags on the GK. I looked high and low for a bolt on aftermarket replacement system for my GK a few years ago with no sucess. I ended up ordering an OEM stock replacement from bikebandit.com. Be aware if you go that route it's probably going to cost you ~$500 for the whole system 8O . (I guess I was lucky because I only needed to replace the outer right header/ muffler assembly). There was a good discussion posted on this site about welding harley mufflers to the stock headers about a year ago but I don't recall if that was on a GK

Comment

Gary, Looks like they won't fit her bike. I don't want anything for them. They look pretty good but need cleaning up. You're welcome to them if they'll help! PM me and we can make arrangements to get them to you. Happy New Year New York, sorry about the misfortune, hope all is well with you[/i]

Comment

Exhaust for sale

I have a good set of pipes for the 1982 GS1100GK. They come with a complete bike attached for $850.00 FOB Tulsa, OK. There is a complete Windjammer fairing, saddles and trunk included. 918-241-1283 or phillsaska@lycos.com.

Comment

PM me and we can make arrangements to get them to you.
                Sent you a PM, email or PM me and let me know.

Comment

Exhausting search

Check with theses guys if you haven't found pipes yet www.Batescycle.com. I know they have several salvage GS's in their yard. If you want I would be happy to stop by and "inspect" them for you bewfore they ship. Its on one of my routes home I know they will ship UPS. I think the owners name is Brad. They are located in Garland, Tx .

PS. There is a former Suzuki dealer (Clark's Wheeled Sports) in Greenville, Tx (about 40 miles from me) that has a GK "out back". I've gotten some parts off of it and would also be glad to go look at it. Be advised the owner can be rather cranky depending on the way the wind is blowing.

Comment

Working...
                  X