Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the stock jetting for an 83 GS1100E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the stock jetting for an 83 GS1100E?

I am cleaning out the carbs on the project bike and noticed that it has 120 mains in it. It is running a V&H 4 into 1 and a UNI filter that replaces the airbox (not individual pods, just one big filter). 120's seemed kinda small to me. Any help is appreciated as always. 8)

TIA, Tim

Copied this for you.
    Didn't know exactly which jet you needed. Hope it helps

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwAmAzYX2ooJonMgvQOGmQUd*QwloUJ9MzNN7odpIppkkOIIX eMljQhN21LnZve71hmWZ2HnwXfDCej03lE97Lfqws7CwoeSSfj MqAJtcbrBAeCRSSfKvw/lastscan.jpg[/img]
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

When I rebuilt my carbs it had #45 pilot jets and either 114 or 115 mains. the rebuild kit I recall had 115 mains. Right now I'm running 118 dyno mains and it runs very well although I haven't yet looked at the plugs. Bear in mind that the number ing for mikuni and dyno jets are different.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks guys. 8)

Comment

not to be offensive, but, the specs given were for an 82 (EZ) 1100, the 83(ED) has larger mains ,112.5, otherwise the same

Comment

I am cleaning out the carbs on the project bike and noticed that it has 120 mains in it. It is running a V&H 4 into 1 and a UNI filter that replaces the airbox (not individual pods, just one big filter). 120's seemed kinda small to me.
            I have a similar set up on my 82 1100E, with a Kerker 4-1 (the canister system, not the much nicer megaphone system), a single K&N filter and no rear airbox. I live at 3400ft and the bike has 132 mains. I do not know the details, as I bought it this way and the previous owner had the work done when he bought it from a shop. I find just a hint of lean surge during light throttle cruising (highway/freeway speeds) and the dyno chart I got from the shop looks like it is a touch lean at peak power, too. This winter the carbs will be cleaned thoroughly and I will know what I have when it's done.

Mark

Comment

Working...
            X