Fuel system Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel system Question

my question is do any of the gs motorcycles have fuel pumps or were all of them ran by gravity.......in my cylmer manual it shows part of the tank on my bike its a 1978 gs400 and it shows a little thing mounted with like 2 hoses could be more and it isnt the one where fuel come right out of the tank id like to know whats all apart of this or these fuel systems.............

Gravity feed. Probably looking at the fuel gauge sending unit.

Comment

It's probably two hoses going to the petcock - the valve at the bottom of the tank on the left side. One hose supplies gas to the carbs; the other supplies vacuum to open the valve while the engine is running.

Comment

fuel

thanks for those replies....heres a diagram of the fuel system and the parts of it i was talking about.....could you tell me what they are....

the website is www.gstwins.com .....heres the part of it with modifications and this page also shows that fuel diagram i was wondering about

Comment

That's part of a GS500 you were looking at. It seems like a sort of extra fuel valve or something like that. The GS500 is a much more modern bike than yours.
          You definitely won't find it anywhere on your 78 GS400, unless some previous owner modified the fuel system.

Comment

Working...
          X