carb sync tool (rental)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb sync tool (rental)

I'm rebuilding my carbs this weekend with new needles, seats, o-rings, etc, and after all that I'm assuming I should re-sync the carbs, even though i did it last spring.

I moved away from Chicago, where I had great help (garage, tools, experience) and now I'm a loner.

It's $40 for a cheap sync tool, but I thought I would ask if anyone would be willing to let me borrow their tool? I will pay the shipping, insurance if needed, and a deposit with a check for the cost of the tool.

Please let me know if you can help. I appreciate it.

~Adam

Can't help you with borrowing the tool (mercury) because draining the mercury into a small bottle is hazardous, messy. You can't safely ship the tool with the mercury in it. You would pay nearly 1/2 the price in round-trip shipping. All in all, too much hassle in my opinion. A Motion Pro is just $40.
    As for your comment about synching, the VM carbs ALWAYS require a re-synch every time the needles are disturbed.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Sorry, I also have mercury sticks.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Adam I just ordered the Motion Pro Mercury stix for $40 + like $6 for shipping from Cycle Recycle. I was shocked that I ordered it friday after thanksgiving and had it on tuesday. They used the US Postal service Priority mail.

I haven't used them yet, as I'm trying to sort other problems out first. But, I figured this way i have them whenever I need them.

I also understand your a Newly wed and buying a house, so I wish I could help you out. 8)

Comment

...guess I'll buy it. Thanks.

~Adam

Comment

Working...
          X