Temperature sender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature sender

1983 GS1100 ESD. I am installing a Top End Oiler. In doing so, the oil pressure and temperature sending units will be lost. I have installed an oil pressure guage, so that is taken care of. However, the temperature sender is another story. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can relocate this or is there another work-around...ie different sender that will work with the stock analog guage in the instrument cluster?

Thanks...Craig

you need to locate a "T" fitting to mount the sender in.
    on my bike I have a oil cooler that gets it's supply from where the oil pressure switch originally mounted, it has a T fitting, the oil goes out one end and the pressure sender is mounted in the other end.

Comment

I have no problem with the oil pressure sender...it's the temperature sender that I am having the problem with.

Comment

Hi

I have my temp sender (Lucas,not original) in the drain plug.
        Works great.Drilled a hole in the plug and
        used a 10mm tread.

This is on my GS1000GLx

Comment

The plate off an 1150 has space for two senders.
          BTW why arent you using the outlets at either side of the block? there is one on the right hand side which has a bolt in it, the one on the left you need to remove the stator cover and drill out.
          Dink

Comment

Dink: The unit that comes from APE has a replacement cover, that originally has the oil and temp sender in it. This new cover has the two outlets for each side of the Top End Oiler. Once replaced, you loose the temp and pressure sender. I drilled out the plug on the right side and installed a oil filled Oil Pressure Guage. I now need to relocate the Temp. sender.

Kind regards...Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
              The plate off an 1150 has space for two senders.
              BTW why arent you using the outlets at either side of the block? there is one on the right hand side which has a bolt in it, the one on the left you need to remove the stator cover and drill out.
              Dink
              Is there any down side to doing in this way vs the way APE does theres?

Comment

Working...
              X