GSX1100G lump into GS1000G Frame ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX1100G lump into GS1000G Frame ?

Can any help with a little info. Will the GSX1100G motor slot into the GS1000G frame without to much work. If so has any one done it and knows what problem I would come across ](*,)

OOOOO nice engine!!!
    it would be a interesting swap, I don't know if it has been done before, but anything is possible, the GSX1100G engine is based on the GSXR engine and is more compact than the GS1000G engine.
    it will probably be difficult but is possible, the engine mounts will have to be changed to match the newer engine, but they may be pretty close, GSXR engines have been put in GS's before and in those cases it was not to hard to do.
    I am just not aware of anyone doing it with two generations of shafties.
    sounds like a great challenge that you may have the great privilege of being the first to do it.!!

the key is to measure, measure measure!!

Comment

I was looking more to the GSX 16 valve engine from a shaft version (the next developement stage of the old 8 valve lump). The later GSXR engine I don,t recall their being a shaft version. Looking at picture and bikes the engine seem very simular except for the head.

Comment

The GSX1100 was called GS1100 in North America.

That could be the confusion.

Comment

If you are talking about fitting a GS16 Valve motor into a GS- G series then NO it will not fit, almost everything is different.
          The Later GSX1100G of about 1990 vintage could however be a feasible swap, your difficulty being the motor is a lot shorter front to back, obviously being shaft drive you will have to set the motor set rearwards in the frame so the shaft drive lines up, you will then need to fabricate engine mounts and have your header pipes extended to reach the exhaust ports.
          Dink

Comment

There may be a bit of info for you here Martin:

Comment

Working...
            X