How Powerful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Powerful?

Recently had the Koot Scoot in a Honda shop to have the stator replaced. When I got the bill back, as well as the VIN #, milage, etc., It had on the heading part of the work sheet 60hp. When I asked about this I was told they had put it on their Dyno - just to see!
    Honda shop? the AAA towed, or rather carried the Koot Scoot there; no electrics at all.

Anyway what sort of horse power and torque do we have?

Hey coli
    if i sprinkle some fairy dust on you will you remind me what size engine your bike has

Comment

pokey is going blind

Poke, polish those trifocals, buddy. Check his signature on his posts- 650. By the way, what is your avatar a picture of? Looks like a cooling fan for a video board in a computer.

Comment

I KNEW THAT 8O 8O 8O

Comment

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure he also has a 50 cc Yamaha BW-- with an extra tank.

I've got one too-- which I'm riding to the shop to deliver parts to check on my GS...

Comment

Re: pokey is going blind

Originally posted by five string
            By the way, what is your avatar a picture of? Looks like a cooling fan for a video board in a computer.
            IT IS DEFINITELY A FAN FOR COOLING A MICRO PROCESSOR. iT IS INSTALLED ON A REGULATOR RECTIFIER. I DO NOT HAVE IT INSTALLED YET--I STOLE THE PHOTO FROM A POST THAT SOMEONE MADE ABOUT MAKING THIS MOD

Comment

Yup did have a Yamaha BWS scooter with an added RM80 tank to give it a better range. If I could find a way to post a picture I would. Help anyone?

Comment

Back to the original question, else where on this site my 80 1000g is listed as having 88 rwhp (rear, wheel, horse, power) stock.
                I have a K&N stage 1 kit and it is bored 1mm over stock, so I dont know what it is currently making.
                and my voyager 1300 is listed as having 117 rwhp.

Comment

Thats a bunch of info from the 1981 model year (two pages).

shows that in 1982 the GS1100E had 108hp and 549lb wet.

is a link to a bunch of Suzukis.

-=Whittey=-

Comment

Originally posted by Whittey
                    http://w1.157.telia.com/~u15704746/1981a.html
                    Thats a bunch of info from the 1981 model year (two pages).

shows that in 1982 the GS1100E had 108hp and 549lb wet.

is a link to a bunch of Suzukis.

-=Whittey=-
                    Nice info find Whittey
                    I never found any info on the 1983 model and wish i could just to have seen it once

Comment

The figure I remember seeing quoted for the 650 is about 60-65 bhp, with the Katana version at 72 bhp. To be still knocking out 60 bhp after 20 years is impressive!

Comment

Cycle Tests

Scotty,
                        If you would like to get some info on your bike, go to

They sell back issues of most of the major magazines, plus a lot of other stuff. Most of the tests for 1983 were on the ES or the Katanas, since they were new that year. I bought all the issues with tests on the 82 GS1100E last year. It's kind of nice to reread the articles once in a while as a reminder of how dominant the big GS's were compared to the competition.
                        JP
                        1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
                        1992 Concours
                        2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
                        2007 FJR

Comment

Re: Cycle Tests

Originally posted by jpaul
                          Scotty,
                          If you would like to get some info on your bike, go to

They sell back issues of most of the major magazines, plus a lot of other stuff. Most of the tests for 1983 were on the ES or the Katanas, since they were new that year. I bought all the issues with tests on the 82 GS1100E last year. It's kind of nice to reread the articles once in a while as a reminder of how dominant the big GS's were compared to the competition.
                          Thanks JP and seeing how these things run now even against modern bikes i cant imagine how fast they seemed in the 70s and 80s

Comment

108 horsepower for a '82 GS1100E, no way. Suzuki may have claimed that but realistically at the rear wheel, more like 90-95hp. My XN85 Turbo was supposed to have 85hp but was actually magazine dyno'd at 72. I think 60hp sounds about right for the GS650.
                            Axel

Comment

Someone once told me that my 81 1100 had 100hp. I don't think I believe it though. My buddy's ZRX 1100 has just over 100hp and it spanks my bike.
                              Currently bikeless
                              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
                              X