Time for carb rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for carb rebuild

Can anyone tell me were to get rebuild kits? I checked both bike bandit.com and denis kirk and neither of them list a compleat rebuild kit. I found them on ebay but would rather not do business on ebay if I dont have to.

Dennis Kirk has the K&L kits for about $22 per carb body. As I remember, it has new mains, pilots and air jets, new float needles, float needle seats, needle seat filters, mixture valves, all o-rings, float bowl gaskets and some other junk I don't think I even used. Just about the only thing on the carbs not included that is replaceable is the needle itself, the slide diaphragm, and the choke plungers.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Oh, also make sure you are ordering from the Dennis Kirk catalog, not the web. They have everything, and I mean everything. But for some reason thier website is extremely limited. Either order the catalog or call them.
      Currently bikeless
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Ok cool thanks. The kits come with the floats themselves as well huh? I have the latest metric catelog for them I will have to look in it in the morning.

Comment

Ok cool thanks. The kits come with the floats themselves as well huh?
          The kits I got did not have the float themselves. They rarely need replacing, but you can buy them seperately.
          Currently bikeless

Comment

Working...
          X