1983 gs 550L missing carbs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 gs 550L missing carbs.

just purchased my second gs,1982 450l is on the road and doing fine! now my new project 1983 gs550l is complete minus carbs, any help with part numbers or other models that would work would be very helpful . thanks!

My book says anything from an 83 up (it goes up to an 86) 550 will work. All used the BSW30SS carbs. This is a pair.
    Mine are out of the bike and they are Mikuni carbs and the numbers printed just above the fuel bowl say 43510. This is with the intake side on the left, or looking at the right side of the carb, printed lower left side above the fuel bowl.

I've seen them listed on e-bay, or maybe try a motorcycle salvage yard. You'll need the upper and lower brackets that mount them together.

Comment

That's the funny two bbl setup that is unique to the 550

Comment

1983 gs550l carbs.

thanks for your help and time.

best wishes.

Comment

I think someone is parting out a 550 on E-bay right now.
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

1983 gs550L carbs

Thanks for the input.

Comment

1983 gs550l carbs

Ok I have found several sets of carbs all are from 1983 gs550 but they are off of the "E" model not the "L". P/N'S seem to be consistent 43410 however a previous reply the owners 550L carbs where P/N 43510.Does anyone know how to interpret these P/N's?Or would I be ok using either one ?

Once again Thanks for any advice!

Comment

Dean, I don't think it matters. My book didn't make any reference to any other designation. It was 83 and up 550's. So don't think it matters if it is an L or E. As long as there are two with the mounting brackets and the part numbers match, you should be able to use them...

Comment

1983 gs550 carbs

Thanks again, going to go ahead and take a shot at the ones on ebay.

happy holidays.

Comment

Working...
                  X