GS1000G--GS850G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000G--GS850G

I ripped the diaphragm on my GS1000G (1981) So I bought a set of GS850 carbs off ebay (extremely cheap) well, anyway, the diaphragms look slightly smaller but the slides are defianatly smaller.
    I crossed referenced the part#'s GS1000G 13500-44080
    GS850G 13500-45110
    I pose the question to everyone!!!!!! simply! will the 850 diaphragm fit on the GS1000 slide and WORK???????

no

Comment

in answer

WHY?

Comment

What size are your carbs?

Comment

They won't work. The 1000 uses 34mm CVcarbs as opposed to 32mm CV carbs on the 850.

Comment

GS850

Yes I agree! the slide I know will not fit, as it is a 32 CV carb, but the diaphragm looks exactly the same, even though with different part#s.
            I was wondering, can I remove the Diaphragm from the 32 slide and put in on the 34 slide................???

Comment

Are you sure the top of the diaphram is the same? I've never seen how you can free the diaphram and reinstall it in the other slide. I thought the retaining piece was glued in.

Comment

not glued

They are not glued! I took the one off I ripped and sent it to my buddy in England, he matched it up at a place that replaces them, at 50 pounds ($70) but with me but with me buying the 850 carbs, they are on the way back.............. I can only advise in about 2 weeks when they arrive and I can check it... but I will have to make a temp gas tank as the panels and other stuff is still at the painters...

Comment

Re: not glued

Would you describe how you removed the diaphrams without damaging them? That info could come in real handy sometime. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by feelergaugephil
                  They are not glued! I took the one off I ripped and sent it to my buddy in England, he matched it up at a place that replaces them, at 50 pounds ($70) but with me but with me buying the 850 carbs, they are on the way back.............. I can only advise in about 2 weeks when they arrive and I can check it... but I will have to make a temp gas tank as the panels and other stuff is still at the painters...
                  Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Gs1000

Very Very carefully begin to pull outwards from the nearest point to the middle.
                    The plastic ring under the diaphragm does not come off.
                    DO NOT PULL from the outer of the diaphragm as it will stretch and rip.
                    Eventually one area of the diaphragm will release from the compressed area................... and there you have it! Patience is a must.......

Comment

Working...
                    X