Parts numbers interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts numbers interchange

I thought it would be a good idea to set up a parts numbers interchange post and make it sticky....

That way we can tell each other parts that we have found which interchange with other models (or makes) and stuff like bearings and seals sizes too.

What do you guys think???

We have tried to do this before. It appears to be way to complicated to do for most things. For example, the 82 and 83 1100's clutch is the same assembly, but the clutch plates change in thickness and quantity. The clutch basket, hub and pressure plate are the same, but they dont have the same part numbers, because of the different internals. This makes it complicated to figure out for sure, unless you are one that has had both clutches out and interchanged on both these bikes. The clutch is easy, because almost everyone needs to take them out at some point, but other engine parts (like tranny parts) get real complicated.

A few years ago I was looking for a replacement seat for my 81 1100. I couldn't for the life of me get an answer as to what other bikes used the same seat- to this day I don't know (other than the 1100 and 750 for 81 are the same).

Our only chance is to list things that each one of has determined by personal experience. If that's what you had in mind, maybe we can get something going, but it might take decades to get a good cross reference chart together.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

by parts exchange I meant that it would be sticky, or maybe even have its own category with sub categorys for different models? Say one each for ALL GS250's, 500's, 650's, 750's 850's, 1000's, 1100's etc....?

that way we can just post our own info into the relevant category.

Ie: I know and can therefore post that the rear wheel and drive hub bearings for the GS750 (1977) are interchangeable with 6204NS bearings, for the genuine ones I was quoted AU$27.50 EACH but at my local bearing supplier I got the same items for AU$8.90 ea

That is what I meant.

Comment

great idia where is it going now??

sure that would be nice to hear what crosses over easily and dedicating a space to this sounds fine ......has any one found a solution or is this a dead horse now?

Comment

Working...
        X