Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition key cylinder (1977 GS750)

Hi, folks,

First up, I'm new here, so thanks for the welcoming environment, and pardon my initial ignorance.

I just rescued a 1977 GS750, and am acquiring the parts to get it back on the road. One problem I've run into is with the key cylinder for the ignition (that is, the place where you put the key in )

It's really loose - loose enough that it comes out with the key. I've searched a few parts houses for the ignition cylinder - but the available parts start with 1978.

Does anyone know about interchangeability on this part? Is it possible a '78 will work? Or perhaps a '77 for another Suzuki series bike?

Thanks!

KEY

You can buy the whole ignition barrel including the key!
    I have one for sale in the parts section. Phil.

Comment

The later style will not work Yours is just the ign switch mounted with a lg nut in the instrament cluster. The later key assembly/steering lock mounted to the trippletree Don't know if it would work, I tried a mt nut from a Banshee ATV was right size, different thread pitch. You may be able to adapt one

Comment

Do the instrument cluster and the ignition lock look like this?

I still have it and it doesn't fit our 79 GS550.....

A friend of mine still has the key, because I gave him the matching seat lock. He wanted to make a duplicate of the key, but didn't give it back yet.
        Hope he still has it... :?

Comment

Sorry!

The key lock/barrel that I have for sale will not fit this model. Sorry.

Comment

JoJo - Thanks for the pic. That is exactly the switch. I have a few leads on parts nearby - if they don't come through I'll get in touch, if you don't mind. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by ohgodkevin
              JoJo - Thanks for the pic. That is exactly the switch. I have a few leads on parts nearby - if they don't come through I'll get in touch, if you don't mind. Thanks again.
              You're welcome!

Just send me your mailing address and I'll send it over.
              Don't want any money for it and shipping costs will probably be minimal.
              I just hope it still works, because I have never tested it.

I'll just have to get that key back... :?

Comment

What is the hole just to the left of the ignition? My bike has a Suzuki emblem there.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by TheNose
                  What is the hole just to the left of the ignition? My bike has a Suzuki emblem there.

Terry
                  There should be a Suzuki emblem, but someone has put in a LED...
                  Some high tech update, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                  X