Brakes ????? What brakes!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brakes ????? What brakes!!!

Does anyone know what will bolt on to a 1982 Katana 1100 that would improve the brakes.
    I know of braided lines and disconnecting the anti-dive , any other ideas? I would like to get your opinions on any other calliper that might with a minimum of fuss bolt on. Or am I dreaming??
    cheers Staff

you might try pulling the master cylinder apart and rebuilding it old bikes old seals

Comment

brakes

hi Kat

If your really interested in changing calipers then one way to go is to put locheeds on. They were the way to go racing in the period our bikes were made. Try this site www.apracing.com/motorcycle .They have the calipers but not sure about brackets , these could be easily fabricated by anyone handy with a milling machine

Comment

Thanks guys!

a quick thank you for all your replies. I'll get to it!

cheers staff

Comment

Kat,

The AP website didn't look to have a direct bolt-on solution, as you've probably seen. I have a Kat 1000 and am facing exactly the same issue. As mine is still low mileage and pretty original I think I'll confine myself to thoroughly overhauling the original system but going with braided lines, unless someone has the silver bullet solution for a replacement (without changing the front forks). Good luck with the search.

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X