Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carburetor diagram (Yes I do mean Diagram not diaphram)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carburetor diagram (Yes I do mean Diagram not diaphram)

First of all I want to thank all of you for the help with adjusting the float bowls. Now I just have to get those things in the bike. All is well, but I just can't figure out where all the hoses go on the carbs and on the gas tank for that matter. :? It looks like two hoses go from the petcock and there is another vent or something on the right side of the gas tank that looks like a hose goes there too. And of course there are four places on the carbs (3 on the right carb and 1 on the other carb) where it looks like hoses go. Any ideas where to put this stuff. It's an 83 550 with two Mikuni BSW30SS carbs. Maybe one of you has a diagram for where all this goes or something.

Yup, I can help.

First off, the diagram: http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit..._id~706939.asp

As far as hook ups to the gas tank, there is the large fuel line (5/16th id. tubing) that connects to the carbs. Then there should be a 1/4" id. vaccum line that connects to the carbs somewhere.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

That's actually the same diagram that I have. The only problem is that I don't know wich hoses go to what spot on the gas tank. It seems like there are more connections than there should be or something. Where on the carbs do the the individual fuel lines go? :?

Comment

This topic might answer your question: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ic.php?t=26909

Comment

Steve-o you're in luck, mine are still sitting here.

First the carb with one connection. or what I will call the left carb.
          This is a fuel bowl vent. Just put the hose on it and route it up under the front side of the seat behind the gas tank.

The second carb ( right ) has three connections.
          Front to rear as sitting on bike or from engine side to air box side.
          Smaller connector, is vent to petcock in fuel tank. (Smaller hose).
          Next back is the fuel bowl vent for this carb route as the other.
          Fartherest back is the fuel line from the tank (Bigger hose with spring around it, at least mine has the spring).

Fuel travels between the carbs using a metal line just under this connection to the right carb. I can take a picture if that would help.

Comment

Thanks Kabonkie and Jojo. You guys both rock!

Comment

Working...
            X