Help oil pressure relief valve!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help oil pressure relief valve!!!!!

Last Night while i was assembling my engine I overtightened my oil pressure relief valve and it snapped in half. Its for a 1980 gs750l its the 16 valve tscc motor,It looks like this part is no longer available !!! Can any one help me out of this mess i am in ???
    thanks a lot GRaham harron

I believe the oil pressure relief valve is sorta on the underside of the motor? Or the side? I forget. I had the 1982 GS750EZ with 16 valve TSCC motor - so the same.

If the relief plunger is compressed by a spring.

Replace it with the same length standard bolt to preload the spring the same. Make sure the bolt is sealed against oil pressure somehow.

Or braze the old parts together and rethread...

Or best yet - just find a junkyard replacement.

Comment

Got a pix I may have one??

Comment

The I believe only oil pressure relief valve is in the end of the oil filter...are you it is an oil pressure relief valve? It sounds like the engine oil regulator. I might be able to locate one on an old GS motor at North End Cycle here in Beaumont. It was there a while back when I pulled the oil pump gears out of it.

Hap

Comment

Hap i think your right !!!

Thanks for the response guys. Hap i think your right its the oil pressure regulator valve inside the engine next to the oil pickup screen. I am going to try the one place I know here that maybe can help ???. If they cannot help me i will email you hap to find out if you can help me get one . again thanks for the help : :P

Comment

How about this part, pix not real good

edited

Comment

a better picture
              [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQD1AqATEpGPEWf80neoQ5OE1CWY3CAzNQbM2uZ2Ot!aaMope wcXWUxgGvV!sFTyEKv9nCAn!Wxs1Hodh*TDRi2gS9Uwv8CBQqB LDpVaers/Dec08050.JPG[/img]

Comment

Thats it !

Thats the part (is that a spare) one you have by anychance ????

Comment

Working...
                X