Exhaust flanges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust flanges

I have a cheap Mac 4-2-1 pipe on my bike. Actually, there is only one part of it I find cheap- the bolt flanges. I really like the sound and look of the pipe, and it is ceramic coated, so it should last for a while anyway. However, due to my stupidity and insistance that the exhaust gaskets can be reused, I had to crank the flange bolts down real hard. This bent the crap out of my flanges, as they must have been made out of recycled beer cans or something. This cracked the pi$$ out of the ceramic coating and now the flanges are rusting like crazy.

Basically, is there such thing as a two piece exhaust flange so I can cut mine off and replace it?
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

On stock exhausts 2 of the four flanges are removable and are fitted with things we call "half moons" (don't ask me why ) to keep them in place.

Comment

Originally posted by robinjo
      On stock exhausts 2 of the four flanges are removable and are fitted with things we call "half moons" (don't ask me why ) to keep them in place.
      I believe it was to help clear the frame when pulling the pipes off...

Hap

Comment

I've seen two piece exhaust flanges in auto parts shops that might be what you're looking for. I don't know if they're available in a size that will work on your GS.

Scroll down this page until you see the "laminated split flange":

Also here:

Around here, Pep Boys carries Nickson stuff. I've also seen the same general concept in other brands of exhaust components. Stainless instead of "insta-rust" plain steel would be ideal, but might be hard or impossible to find.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Dude, you freakin' rule. I've been looking for these for 4 months!
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
          X