Needle & seat valve screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needle & seat valve screens

While replaceing the needle & seat valves/o-rings on my 82 GS1100GK I found there are small cup shaped screens that snap on the bottom of the seat. Any idea where to get these. Are they necessary. The plastic ring on #1 has crumbled and I'm wondering if I should worry about it. I inserted it into the shaft under the needle/seat valve temperarily. I bought repair kits from www.partsnmore.com for $12 each. They only had the valve, 3 o-rings and a bowl gasket. Just what I needed.

Yes

The last time I checked, they were still available from Suzuki but.....it's actually 2 parts (the screen and the frame) and they were expensive (I think about $15 for both. I'd probably replace it but if you didn't, I bet it wouldn't ever cause you a problem. :?
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

My thoughts exactly

This is my first bike in about 20 years and I don't remember the last time I saw the inside of a carburator. Any way, I (gently) poked it down in the hole and its sitting flat at the bottom so at least its there. Probably just keeps large particles from getting lodged in the valve (assuming fuel is being sucked up from the bowl) .

Comment

Hi Giblet,
        You also get them in the standard carb re-build kit..
        25 to 45 $$
        Stimpy

Comment

I don't run 'em. The petcock has a fuel filter and most people have an inline filter also. The petcock filter is pretty fine. Anything that gets through that is just gonna burn out the exhaust anyway IMO.
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
          X