Rectifier Regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rectifier Regulator

Hello everyone, this question is to the GSers who has late model GS1150E. I purchased this bike from another GSer last night. he said the R/R was bad he has a new one but he has no time to put is himself, I brought it home, Today I looked at Hynes Manual that he gave me to locate the R/R, where the maunal locates the R/R it is not there, in the manual picture shows for the R/R goes next to the fuse block and says that it is located under the left side cover; I removed the cover it is not there and the fuse block was under the right side cover, and I found a harness that has three yellow wires one red wire and one black and white wire totaly taped with electrical tape.
    can someone tell me if i should look at another place for the R/R, shouldent there be a mount plate or bracket somewhere? or did this guy ran the bike with no R/R? this is way above my short experiance I have with bikes I need some genuine GSer help.

ard :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The bike could never run without the R/R, I think.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

The taped up connector is where the Rec/Reg should go, on the RHS. The bike will run without it , until the battery goes flat , the fact that the plug was disconected means no charging at all was going on , please check the stator as doing this would have very likely damaged it.
      Dink

Comment

On my bike the reg/rec is located behind this plate

on the left hand side. Not sure of the connectors. The Rev limiter is where the stock ignition usually goes.

Comment

Hi Dunken, Hi Luke, Hi Jeff,thank you for the info, the guy who sold me the bike gave me a brand new electrec R/R and a brand new stator , and now that I have a picture from Luke I will try to mount it there. Do you guys think doing this if he rewired anything else? or just eliminated the R/R plug.
          Luke is there a separate platform for the R/R or it just mounts behinde the CDI box. Thank you again

Comment

Mine looks like it's mounted to the battery box, but it may be attached to something else, I can check tonight and get back to you.

Comment

Hi Sorry Duncan, for miss spelling your name

ard.

Comment

close one

Boy am I glad ard bought that 1150 because now I don't have to talk my wife into letting me buy another bike so close to xmas ( I mean winter holiday)

Saved my skin.
                1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Ard, If there is any way possible try to get a wiring diagram of the bike to insure your connections are correct. Someone here might have a scanned file of it...

Hap

Comment

Working...
                  X