GS1100 exhuast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100 exhuast

I have an 83 GS1100E with stock (black chrome) exhaust. It needs replacing soon. I like the 4-2 exhuast system and do not want the 4-1 system. Any recommendations as to what others have done that work. I have seen "replacement " systems for other makes, but none that work for this application.

Before I get hammered for the "no 4-1 system"; I really like the looks of the 83 stock. I had one in 83 and rescued this one 5 years ago. If I wanted to "go faster with a 4-1" I would just sell this and buy a new Bandit. This is the way I want the bike to look and perform. If available I would spring the money for a factory replacement (big$) but I understand that they are long gone. I am looking for info from others who may have gone this same route.

Thanks

There's a black chrome exhaust system for an '83 GS1100E for sale on eBay now. Looks mint. Bid is at only $20 now, but has five days left. $20 shipping. Item # 1854582187.

Comment

Check out Ebay ... they just happen to have listed 2 sets of 1100 stock exhaust systems - one is black chrome and the other is standard chrome. Not sure of the years, but one of them would probably work (and cost a lot less than dealer stock, if it can be found). Good Luck!

Comment

I like the stock (chrome) stuff on my '81, too. And 105 hp at the countershaft sprocket is enough for me. The only aftermarket 4 into 2 I've seen is the MAC. Every time I see a really clean OEM exhaust on Ebay I'm tempted to bid, just in case I can't find one when I need one down the road!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Munro
          The only aftermarket 4 into 2 I've seen is the MAC.
          Oh, and I've looked hard, too.

Comment

Before I get hammered for the "no 4-1 system"; I really like the looks of the 83 stock.
            Oh no, I'm with you my friend. I really like the look of the stock exhaust too. Duel pipes were the cats a$$ back in high school, whats the matter with them now? I have been keeping my eye out for a OEM one, but I think you will have to go with the MAC system. I will try to talk you out of it though. I now have a MAC system on the bike now and I am not impressed. If I had to do it all over again (and I hope I will someday later, much later) I would settle for the Vance & Hines 4 into 1. One of these was on my bike before and it was much nicer than the MAC.

Even my 1100 looks like a 250 when viewed from the rear because it is so skinny. Modern bikes have much larger tires and can get away with a 4 into 1, but our bikes look too narrow. Just my opinion.
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
            X