1985 GS700E Exhaust Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 GS700E Exhaust Advice

I am looking for a full exhaust system for my 1985 GS700E. I have been scouring through some of the past threads for info. The discussions by Billy Ricks and sidd have been very helpful.

I wanted to know if anyone has any insight into whether or not either of these two setups (found on ebay) would work:

Yoshimura
    89 thru 97 GSX750F Katana

Yoshimura
    GSXR 750 '85 '86 '87

I'm pretty sure both will work, but not 100% certain (I personally have yet to use either). I'm more confidant in the gsxr unit, though. I believe I have a PM from billyricks saying the katana stuff should work as well. Note that the katana unit you posted didn't seem to have a mounting bracket

you have a PM from me, btw
    -sidd

Comment

I've got yoshimura exhuast on my 700es. it looks incredibly similar to both the exhausts you listed, however there are slight differences, mine doesn't seperate after the tubes connect, like the 85-87 gsxr exhaust on ebay.
      I guess the katana exhuast is almost idenical, but there seems to be some different angles and which the pipe is bent after it combines into one.
      be ready to buy a jetting kit, if you haven't already, you'll need the stage 3 dynojet kit, and you might as well get pod filters while you're at it

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Trial and error with a three hundred exhaust system is something I would rather avoid.

Comment

Working...
        X