Battery ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery ?

I am in search of a battery for my 82 GS1100E at a reasonable price. Any help would be appreciated.

GS Joe

does it have a water level sensor like the 1983??

Comment

Re: Battery ?

Originally posted by GSNut
      I am in search of a battery for my 82 GS1100E at a reasonable price. Any help would be appreciated.

GS Joe
      I buy mine from AutoZone for about $35 no sensor.
      Bikes include GS1100 and GS750es.

Comment

Joe,
        I buy mine for my 82 1100g at Advanced Auto or Autozone. About 31.00 to 38.00 dollars.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by moto_dan

GS Joe
          Dan
          Do you mean the 1982gs doesn't have a sensor or the replacement batterys that you use don't have a sensor

Comment

The last 1 I bought many years ago was like $60 with the sensor. I checked at the local bike shop and they said it was $105 8O . Now that is a little steep.

GS Joe

Comment

The last 1 I bought many years ago was like $60 with the sensor. I checked at the local bike shop and they said it was $105 8O . Now that is a little steep.

GS Joe
              Since i had the battery replaced 2 years ago I also have been very aware of battery maintenance. Simon has some interesting figures on how long a battery may last with sufficient care. I am at mine all the time--I removed the air filter box and left it out which gives almost instant access to the top of tghe battery on my gs1100e

Comment

Originally posted by SLOWPOKE
                Originally posted by moto_dan

GS Joe
                Dan
                Do you mean the 1982gs doesn't have a sensor or the replacement batterys that you use don't have a sensor
                The batteries I use don't have sensors.

Comment

The last one I bought was at Sears for approx $65.00 with the sensor. The bike shops wanted $105.00 for the same thing, Yikes. ('82 1100EZ)

Comment

Wal-Mart....no sensor, 28.00, and replace it yearly, wether it needs it or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X